Today, Travis had laser eye surgery. The doctor elected to perform the PRK laser surgery rather than Intralase like I had done to my eyes. When it was time for his surgery, they asked if I would like to watch. Of course, I said, "Yes." Big mistake. It was absolutely horrifying. Just go to YouTube and type in "PRK lasik" to see what I mean. Here I was sitting at the window, trying my hardest not to shriek in terror as I watched them poke, prod, and scrape my Sweetie's eyeballs. I asked the assistant if he could feel anything, and she said, "No." She was somewhat right. Travis said that they touched each eye, "like 5 times." In reality, they swabbed and scrapped his eye about 50 times. I think he could only tell when they were swabbing the eye.
He is a champ, though. His eyes didn't feel all sandy like mine did, and he already thinks he is ready to drive. Go figure.
UPDATE (Monday, January 12) : Travis experienced major discomfort and sensitivity to light on Sunday and Monday. The eye doctor said the eyes are healing well so far, but his vision will not improve for a while. He can't even watch TV or use the computer because they are too bright (even with his sunglasses on!)
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So sorry to hear he's having lots of sensitivity! Glad everything went well.
ReplyDelete=)